Wednesday, September 28, 2011

No One Get Mad At Me.

Because . . .


I had to make this a reality. I did. I had to. It was calling to me!

See, I had this leftover pallet:

(it came with my previously broken TV, yo. I keep everything, apparently. It was wood after all!)

And after I chopped it in half, 'cause I didn't need a 70 inch bench ifyaknowwhatI'msayin', gave it a coat of white wash, and then sanded thee crap out of it--

because no one needs a sliver in the badonkadonk. Am I right?

Some pretty rough-looking rope and some heavy duty hooks,

and we are about ready here. And the dudes at Lowe's kept asking me if the hooks were for hanging a punching bag from the ceiling.

No, but that's a good idea. . .

Okay, so this is where you don't get mad at me, umkay?

This is a bench. It is not a swing. It's screwed right into the studs in the wall, as is this:


which I neglected to mention. So no drywall damage, okey dokey smokeys?

I'm glad we could clear that up.

Don't you hate it when you buy waaaaay more pillows than you could possibly fit in one space?

I believe I ordered the large cappucino, hello!

Anywho, I must tell you that this is the favorite before-bedtime space, now.

And my dear 2 year old, give me that dang golf ball before you break a window.

Don't you think this bench could be adorable in the corner of the room?? Don't you?

There's no joists in the corner, so get it outta yer head.

All that is left is patching up the thousands of holes in the ceiling.

You know, for where the stud sensor told me there was a truss, but there wasn't. Stupid stud sensor.


25 comments:

Rebecca D said...

You are nuts... But I love it so much!! Both the girlies waned swings in their rooms and I just bought those hammock swings they sold at Lowes for about $35 each and put them in each room... They rarely sit in them... But that could be because the boyfriends are not allowed in the bedrooms so the girlies are rarely there... I don't know why I felt the need to tell you all this... I need to stop typing now...

Seriously cute swing though and I love the pillows!

julie - eab designs said...

the perfect touch - love it! Don't ya just love it when the stud sensor doesn't do it's job. Reminds me of when sweet hubby thought it found a stud and he drilled into a copper plumbing pipe and the next thing I knew we had a fountain in the dining room. Never know where builders these days are going to hide pipes in all the wrong places!

Kim said...

I soooo love this, you rock!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

My Boys would go Crazy for this! So cool. Now I'm off to go find a pallet in a allyway somewhere.

bailey k. said...

oh my goodness i love this so much! i'm gonna need to do this soon. great job, it looks awesome!

i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

thanks so much for sharing!

Heather said...

What a great idea...it's pinned, and I was wondering where you bought the rope? I have a project or two that needs some nice, rustic rope.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

They seriously are sitting and not finding a way to make it move? What well behaved little munchkins you have! You rock, as usual, with your creativity! I think you should rename your abode Mandi's Funhouse!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Awesome! I've been looking for ideas for my son's new big boy room and this is definitely going in it! Pinning this! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Saw max!

Ellie said...

Oh no you didn't! I love the hanging bench, and I love the vertical stripes! You're too cool.

calikas said...

its amazing!

Rach said...

Wow. That is amazing

COTTAG3 said...

How cool for your kids! I can't tell how high up it is but it looks like if it had a "removable hard top cover" and you pulled up a chair, it could double as a desk, complete with an opening to store books and stuff. I had a swinging wicker basket chair that hung in the corner of my room when I was a kid and it was the coolest too. This reminded me of it, except I wasn't nice enough to share it with my little sister. Nope, she wasn't allowed in it.

WhettenWild said...

That is SO cool! I love it. It goes so cute in their room too!

Emily said...

I won't get mad! I love it. What a cute place to read a book!

Bludart said...

Jaw. On floor. As usual.
When I get a house, and have like a bazillion projects to do, wanna make that happen? I pay in baked goods and mixed drinks.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

That is so awesome. It is so unique. I love it.
Brooke

kiki comin said...

so freakin amazing. love it.

Halls Huddle said...

Who knew you were simultaneously doing a bench project and the mighty adorable creatures I got a sneak peak of yesterday. Do you have a stunt double? I don't know how you do it, friend. I LOVE the bench!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I would have done ANYTHING for this when I was younger. World's coolest Mom award goes to you, that is, until I have kids... No, no wait, you're still cooler.

Pirate Life said...

Swinging idea.

Pirate Life said...

Swinging idea.

San Trash said...

Hi! Ifind this idea great so I linked it on my blog (http://freshtrash.blog.com/), I hope zou dont mind. Feel free to stop by, and thanks for inspiring idea!

Cheers

Emy Watson said...

I want to hang a hammock chair in my room. Should I screw an eyebolt through a ceiling joist or another way?
chair hammock

philipkotler11 said...

Valuable site, where did u come up with the information in this posting? I am pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what new content pieces u have.
garage door receiver

John Adam said...

have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
Leading Challenging Engineering